Invest in Your Home with Duct Cleaning from Real Clean Air
Perhaps you clean your home once every week or two. You probably wipe down the kitchen, vacuum the floors, make the beds, and wash the mirrors. However, many Montgomery County, MD homeowners don’t realize their indoor air may be just as dirty. Poor indoor air quality can result in a slew of health problems, in addition to general inconveniences. Real Clean Air is here to help. We serve Montgomery County and the surrounding area with residential air duct cleaning services. Along with home air purification systems, we can restore your indoor air quality, free of dust and bacteria.
How Does Dust Build Up in My Montgomery-Area Home?
One of our most frequently asked questions at Real Clean Air is the following: How did my air ducts get so dirty? It’s an understandable question—many homeowners want to prevent their ducts from getting dirty in the first place. However, the need for occasional air duct cleaning is nearly inevitable. A medium-sized home generates an average of 40 pounds of dust every year, just by you and your family going about your daily life. Dust can gather almost anywhere in your home. You probably see it collect on shelves, unused tables, and furniture. Nevertheless, most of the dust in your home remains airborne. Heating and cooling systems circulate air chock-full of dust, dander, and pollen throughout your home. As this process happens over and over again, dust and debris build up in your ductwork.
How Often Should I Call Real Clean Air for Duct Cleaning?
The next question Montgomery County homeowners ask us has to do with how often air ducts need cleaning. Although whole-house air purification systems from Real Clean Air are exceptionally effective, they’ll still need maintenance from time to time to continue working properly. The National Air Duct Cleaners Association suggests a full air duct cleaning every three to five years. However, it’s crucial to remember your home may be subject to factors increasing its need for air duct cleaning. Your lifestyle, pets, and the climate outdoors all contribute to how much dust accumulates in your ducts. Ask the professionals at Real Clean Air how often you should schedule a residential air duct cleaning.
Look for These Signs of Dirty Air Ducts in Your Home
An air duct in need of professional cleaning comes with lots of visible signs. Even if you’re unsure of when your air ducts were last cleaned, you’ll likely encounter many warning signs telling you it’s time to call Real Clean Air. Look for the following when deciding if you need to call the professionals to your Montgomery County residence:
- Uneven heating or cooling from room to room
- Excessive dust coating surfaces in your home
- Unexplained increases in energy costs
- Mold growth in or around the HVAC unit
- Dirty registers or vent covers
- Strange noises coming from ducts
This isn’t a definitive list of signs indicating the need for air duct cleaning. If you notice anything else suspect, always get in touch with your air purification system professionals at Real Clean Air.
Keep Up with Regular Maintenance in Montgomery County
We can’t overstate the importance of keeping your air ducts free of excess dust and debris. While poor air quality may not seem to be a big deal, continual exposure to poor air quality can lead to health problems down the road. Failure to keep up with duct cleaning in your Montgomery County home can result in the following:
- Allergies and colds: Excess dust and pollen often lead to worsening allergy symptoms and more frequent colds, coughing, and sore throats. Individuals with asthma or other preexisting respiratory conditions are even more sensitive to poor air quality.
- Dirty, dusty environment: Everyone wants a clean home for themselves and their families. However, dirty and dusty air ducts make for a messier home covered in a fine coat of dust.
- Strange smells: Poorly cleaned air ducts and air purification systems commonly result in mold growth. Mold and mildew, in turn, lead to musty smells drifting from air ducts.
- Less effective HVAC unit: A dirty HVAC unit won’t last as long as a well-maintained one. During its shorter lifespan, dust and dirt buildup will affect how well the unit can function and filter air.
Reach Out to Montgomery’s Duct Cleaning Professionals
Air duct cleaning is no easy task for DIY. However, with the severe consequences resulting from poor air quality, it’s crucial for your air ducts to remain spick and span. For a job this important, make sure to call in the professionals from Real Clean Air. We’re fully bonded, licensed, and insured, and our technicians are trained to work with the closest attention to detail. Don’t let the dust settle throughout your Montgomery County, MD home—take a breath of fresh air. Contact Real Clean Air today to learn more about residential air duct cleaning.